Maybe a mid-life crisis... this tends to be one of the slower burning thread subjects.
Really? Because I've always seen Morrison as quite greatful to Moore for blowing open the doors for that sort of work at DC.
Willoughby Kipling and the Cult of the Unwritten book may have been intended to be an affectionate lampoon of Moore's über-arc on Swamp Thing, but the tone struck me as jeering and dismissive on a meta level.
Can our next thread include a Crisis?
Crisis of Infinite Capes!
I was going to include some sort of Crisis in the thread description, but then I forgot about it (the Crisis AND the thread description, both). We need to retcon some sort of thread description.
It could be retconned to
Yeah, what exactly are the life changing comics in Victor's life?
At the moment? It's a hodgepodge.
- "Agents of Atlas" may well be the best superhero funny book out there. Serious old-school fun with a great plot and classic characters.
- "Secret Six" is, alas, gone for the time being, but it was so popular I suspect it'lll be back. Gail Simone called it "the wrongest book in all of comicdom," and she may well be right.
- "The Atom." No, seriously. This is fun.
- "Fables" and "Jack of Tales" -- Bill Willingham's such a weird, inconsistent writer, but all of this has been good. It's always the book I save for last. (Whichever one's in.)
- "Nextwave" which, also alas, is turning out to be a limited series, but ... "My robot brain needs beer." Love, love, love. The guest appearance of the old "What The?" characters, including Forbush Man, put it over the top for me.
- "New Universal" is too new to say, but it's certainly got my attention. Same with the new "Justice Society."
- "Justice League" is coming together. I like the leisurely pace of it, the way Meltzer gets into the heads of some of these characters. And Black Lightning!
- "BPRD" when it bothers to come out. Love me the whole Hellboy mythos.
Zombies vs. Robots is a life-changing comic. Because of it being called Zombies vs. Robots. And also because it has zombies. And robots. Fighting!
Zombies vs. Robots
This sounds like one of those comics I'll feel foolish for having missed!
That's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.