I have to wait now for the next step of obtaining a certificate so the DNS changes can propagate first.
Having a party? Organizing a local F2F? Know something that we all really need to know? Announce it! Want to discuss anything posted here? Take it to Natter. Any natter here will be deleted.
I stole all the set up from Kat's last year, she is letting me be a control freak/project person and do it this year.
Buffista Holiday/Winter Card Exchange:
1. Sign up by filling out the form.
2. Cards that are sent can be purchased or handmade, but should include a brief personal message (and not just a signature). Sometimes people include bookmarks, stickers, etc, but it is no way mandatory (people who wanted to do the gift exchange - do this as a compromise/hybrid).
3. Select how many cards you would like to exchange from the ticky box. You will be matched up with the number you choose.
4. USians, let me know if international mail is okay for you to send or if you only want to send domestically (getting to the post office is challenging!)
5. Are religious cards okay for you or would prefer secular greetings only? Let me know and I'll let your exchangees know.
6. Your address and info will be only shared with your exchange partners UNLESS you opt in to the whole group list. There is also the option to add or update your info to the Master List.
7. Some people are overachievers and send mail to more than their selected folks. If you want a copy of the everyone who opted into the whole group list, let me know and I will send that.
8. Cutoff for signups will be November 27 (the day before Thanksgiving) and cutoffs to send will be January 6, 2020.
9. Sometimes life happens and cards get forgotten. If you are willing to be a back up on 1-2 extra cards, can you let know? That way if someone doesn't get anything, we can get it covered.
Sign up here: [link]
Things might get bumpy for awhile. Changing over the domain.
Okay, the board is now at buffistas.org and buffistas.me takes you to the moving status page.
There is a list of issues for the board on the board's Gitlab project.
You don't need a GitLab account to view it, but you do need one to add or edit issues. If there's something you've mentioned and nobody has created an issue for it, it's not because I'm blowing off your request, it's because I get busy and forget or miss things. Bring it up again and I'll try to get an issue made.
Need to reboot the server. There will be a slight disruption.
An odd request, but you never know. A dear friend's aunt has decided she is going to start a beauty products business, and she has the means to do so. What she is looking for is a chemist to discuss things with as she is missing that element of expertise. So, if you are a chemist, or know one that might be interested please contact via profile address and I will send you her contact info. Thank you!
Yesterday Nilly suggested that we will have a zoom to say our goodbyes to DXM, and volunteered her university's account zoom in order to do so. It will also be a good opportunity to see all of your lovely faces.
If you'd like to participate, please state when you are available on the Doodle here: [link]
A date and a time will be decided by majority of votes on 20/11 and will be announced here in Press in another post.
Thank you. <3
Hello again. According to the Doodle poll results we will meet tomorrow. Further instructions and link are in my profile, as a somewhat-safety measure (thank for the idea, dcp!).
If you have questions or ideas or suggestions for tomorrow other than meeting and talking about DXM, please feel free to email me.