Ok someone point me at Yuletide stories that don’t require knowledge of the fandom or are quick. I am very much appreciating a few based on a mcsweenys article about a small town not wanting to be your rom-com, because we have watched a LOT of hallmark movies this month.
'Get It Done'
Fan Fiction II: Great story! Where's the sequel?
This thread is for fanfic recs, links, and discussion, but not for actual posting of fanfic.
I was hoping for the same thing! I usually read The Breakfast Club ones, and one was good- the other was tolerable. And that’s all I’ve read so far. I think I liked the set up of the website more that I like looking for things on Ao3.
Sadly, I think my recs probably require canon knowledge, but hey! If you know them!
Cute Abbot Elementary fic, meet me at the mall [link]
SMOKING HOT Do Revenge femslash, orgasm mommy [link]
Severance gen r/severed [link] (make sure to have the creator's skin on for this one)
Not a lot else to rec yet, but I haven't done a lot of digging into the collection.
I’ve watched Abbott Elementary AND Do Revenge! Thanks!
I'm so glad I finally read it! Headcanon accepted
I saw this via reddit and I wondered if anyone had any info about what is going on:
Where there is a call for all volunteers of OTW to resign because of how OTW is handling multiple things, including the CSEM spam attack that happened. I really don't know the details of what is going on and was wondering if anyone could shed some light.
There's A LOT going on. Things that OTW has messed up:
- The org's initial response to the protests around George Floyd's death (i.e., none)
- The org's lack of progress on any features to protect people from racial harassment, except blocking and muting, which were already in the works
- The org's lack of transparency as to what steps they were taking towards those goals
- The timeline for these steps, since at one point they said they planned to hire a Diversity Consultant "within the next five years"
- The chair of Legal gave an interview a couple of months ago in which she said that AO3 would host AI-generated fanworks, since they see their mandate as archiving all fanworks
- When people freaked out about the AI thing, the org put out a weasely statement saying that something "a volunteer" said didn't reflect the org's position
- The failure to respond to a two-week action called End OTW Racism, which was meant to bring the issue to people's notice and had a pretty clear and reasonable list of requests
- The generalized bitching boiled over when more people kept coming forward to talk about how AO3 burned out volunteers, failed to protect them from exposure to CSEM, seems to have targeted one volunteer as the culprit without providing any evidence
Ok that is a lot of work they need to do to fix things.
yeah...what a mess...